Friday, June 5, 2009

SIDE TRIP


I was just back home from Singapore a month ago. It's my first time to travel in Singapore, so my feelings were mixed up together. My friends, Fritz and Toto’, met me in Manila and travelled with me during the trip. We stayed 2 days in Singapore then proceeded to Malaysia and Indonesia. After a week in Malaysia and Indonesia, We flew back to Singapore and we were heading back to Manila.
Singapore is a wonderful country, famous for merlion The Singapore Merlion is made of cement fondue, its skin from porcelain plates and eyes from small red teacups. The history of the merlion goes back in Singapore's ancient times, where Singapore was known as Temasek. A Japanese prince discovered a mystical beast which he later learnt was a lion. Then he named this island 'Singapura' in Sanskrit which means Lion City. The fish tail of the Merlion represents Singapore's earliest beginnings as a fishing village.
Today the Merlion attracts more than one million visitors a year who make the trip to the Merlion Park. There are five official Merlion statues in Singapore. Two rivers and four lakes. We climbed two mountains as well, Duxiu Peak and Diecai Mountain. The first time I saw the mountains, I was stunned by the scenery. As time went by, I found I could spot a spectacular scene very time I looked up. The mountains, the rivers, the lakes. I became a little tired of those. I think the best length of the trip is two or three days. You can find its beauty and will not be fed up with that.
Back to my travel. I really enjoyed the view and my week with my friends. I not only practiced my English, which is not my purpose, but also I learnt so much from other
places and the cultures of these places. This journey was definitely one of the most precious moments in my life.
One thing that annoyed me the most was the accommodation they accorded to us in Indonesia. And being called as 'a tourist guide'. Except these, my trip to Malaysia & Singapore was perfect. But I promised I will not visit Indonesia for a second time.

2 comments:

faystie said...

Hi Tito Roelle. Nice blog. I didn't know you like travelling.

Unknown said...

Hi Faye, thanks for following my blogs.....

Blog Archive